Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Can We Have 80s Night ... Every Night?

Okay, I’ll admit it.

The McCourt trial has me hooked.

No, I don’t care about the affair, the luxury homes, nor which version of the MPA Jamie and Frank reviewed or signed.

I just want to know the state of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Who will be running my team? Is the generated revenue being reinvested to meet the organization’s immediate and long-term needs?

So far, many of the answers we've received are not encouraging. We've learned that the McCourts are essentially living paycheck to paycheck, servicing their outsized debt load with signficant portions of team revenue that could otherwise be reinvested within the organization. We've learned that the McCourts have not been entirely honest with us fans, telling us they intended to maintain a team payroll in the top quarter of major league teams -- and then failing consistently to do so.

All of which leads me to my biggest question of all: When will things get back to normal? Or is this the new normal? Are the halcyon days of stable family ownership of the Dodgers forever gone?

Maybe I'm better off not knowing all of the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment