Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Turning Over A New Dodger Leaf

There was a lightness in my step today as news that the Dodgers would be sold sank in. I felt a combination of joy, relief, and hope. Like the Dodgers just winning the World Series and taking the field on Opening Day all rolled into one. The McCourt era had, mercifully, breathed its last... words, I still cannot quite believe, I am actually writing.

The future of the Dodgers is staring back at me -- at all of us -- like a blank screen, blinking cursor at the ready. All things seem once again possible, a prospect that is at once frightening as much as it is exhilarating. 

Days don't always feel this way. I'm going to cherish this one.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see it in the article, but someone implies that there may be a combination of Garvey and the O'Malley's buying the team. Have you heard anything like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garvey along with Orel Hershisher have for months now indicated an interest in forming an ownership group together. Last night, the LA Times reported that Peter O'Malley has indicated that he plans to form an ownership group of his own.

    Needless to say, this is a fast moving story and details are emerging by the moment.

    ReplyDelete